Monday, April 29, 2013

A Deafening Whisper



My second book is published!

On April 22, 2013 my eBook, A Deafening Whisper, went live on Amazon.com! Print on demand paperbacks are live too! This feels like a rerun of last month when Music of the Soul went live, I'm so excited!

Once again, I'll tell you a bit about the book before I move on to the story. Since once again, the main characters who fall in love happen to be women, this book is also in the "Lesbian Romance" category on Amazon.com. I still believe that lesbian/gay love stories should be in the general romance category, why label and segregate them?

This book is set in the same world as Music of the Soul, so there are minor crossovers between places, events and people. But it is a stand alone novel. You don't have to have read Music of the Soul as this book as it is a story of its own. This book is a little more emotional and both characters suffer from misunderstood afflictions, but I do promise, that no matter how bad things may seem, there is a happy ending.

---

In A Deafening Whisper, the book is narrated by the main character, Mia Jacobs. She suffers from Tourette Syndrome and some other complications that are associated with that affliction.

Her life is pure hell at school as she endures harassment and ridicule at the hands of her classmates because of her episodes. When Mia finally gets to college, she is relieved. After all, people in college are more mature and that harassment couldn't possibly follow here there, right?

She quickly found that she was wrong. Just when it seemed that everything was about to start all over again, she is saved from a bad situation by the mysterious and rebellious Vee Taylor.

They quickly find that there is a strong attraction between them that they just can't fight. As their romance blooms, Vee's dark secret about her own health rears its ugly head.

Can their love endure all of the hardships that lie ahead?

---

I was thinking about this type of story one night, while watching some Joss Whedon shows, how he can evoke emotions with shocking events yet keep most of the story light. So I thought I'd give it a go and sat down one weekend and pounded out the book, complete with the types of strong female characters that I find compelling.

A friend of mine suffered through the editing of my still terrible punctuation and grammar... I'm not sure how she survived with her sanity intact. Once again, it may not be as polished or professional as most, but that's how I write. I believe it was a story worth sharing.

Just like the previous book, I really believed that when this eBook went live on Amazon.com that I'd sell just a few copies to friends and family. But once again I'm on track to sell hundreds of copies in the first month! At one point I was ranked #13 in "Hot New Releases" on Amazon's "Lesbian Romance" category. I ran around super fast in tiny circles over that!

Just like before, I'd like to let my readers know that I love them and appreciate any feedback, positive or negative.

The second book has only been out for a week and already people are asking for the third. As always, I'm listening! I'm just a day or two away from submitting the third book in the Music of the Soul universe for editing. Dating Game, should be published within three or four weeks. I've solidified ideas for the fourth manuscript and should be able to release it early this summer.

I'd love to hear feedback and discussion from YOU about the characters in A Deafening Whisper. I'd love to discuss the story with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment