Friday, April 19, 2013

Holy Crap! I'm an author!

It's official! I'm now an author. What does that mean? I don't know, I was hoping you could tell me. It has been an eye opening experience writing a manuscript, going through the editing process, then actually self publishing a book.

How the heck did this happen? It's not like I just sat down one day with an idea and typed it out over the weekend then had a book. Well that's a lie, that's how it happened. I'm just as shocked as you are. I'm not qualified, but was able to battle my way through. So as the old adage goes "If I can do it, ANYONE can do it!"

I just wanted to share my characters and tell a a compelling story, complete with my bad grammar and rudimentary knowledge of the English language. My primary language is sarcasm after all.

Now that I have figured out the process and requirements, any subsequent books SHOULD be much simpler to publish. I'll try to post information on my books here for discussion including progress on new titles.

I would suggest to anyone who ever thought, "what if" about writing, to just sit down and do it.  Self publishing throws away all the boundaries and restrictions that are normally hurdles to anyone wanting to share their stories.

I'd be happy to share my experiences with anyone who is interested.  Maybe I can help make your first experience in self publishing go a little smoother than my first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment