Monday, October 27, 2014

June



My twelfth Music of the Soul book is published!

On October 27, 2014 my eBook, June, was added at Amazon.com! Of course, print on demand paperbacks are also available! There was some odd delay on Amazon, that delayed the release by a day, but after submitting a trouble ticket they fixed things right up!

As I always do, I'll first say a bit about this new book before I give you a story overview. This book may not be what people were expecting for June. The unstoppable front that she projects is just a front to hide her insecurity. We get to see the real June that hides under that shell in the book. She has the witty internal dialogue of her mother Mandy and her sense of right from her other mother, Anabella.

This book is the twelfth book to take place in the Music of the Soul universe. (Has it really gone on for so long?) Like the other books in the MOTS series, we find that we cannot help who we are attracted to, and love can see past any obstacles.

---

In June, June decides that she wants to step out from behind the huge shadows of her famous parents and make a mark of her own on the world. To do this she realizes she has to put part of her dreams on hold, knowing she'll never be able to share her own music without people believing she is riding on Mandy Fay Harris' coattails. But she can still stay in the music industry by starting her own record label half a world away in London, England.

She leaves Seattle behind to hunt for a talent scout in New York for for her new label. The DJ in the underground music scene that she is looking for, has as many urban legends about him as her June's Eight group of friends has.

All of her plans are sidelined as June finds something she had never expected and learn more about herself while gathering new friends and unexpected relationships.

---

The message behind this book is simply that when you look beyond the surface and past any apparent problems with people, that love can just sneak upo on you. Acceptance is the flavor of the day and a person's affliction does not define them.

I simply love all of my readers, I'd pit you people against any other author's readers in a heartbeat. You put up with me as I struggled with the unexpected delay at Amazon and started snapping books up the moment the problems were resolved. I'm also excited to share the next book in the MOTS series with you soon, Dead Shot, featuring the soldier mentioned in most of the MOTS books, McKenzie Meyers! It will come out following the next book in the Valkyrie Chronicles series, Titans!

As always, I want my readers to know that I love them and appreciate any feedback, positive or negative. I also accept egg shaped spaceships.

There is a sneak peek chapter of the fifth book in my Valkyrie Chronicles series, Titans, at the end of the book. Kara and the other Valkyrie must contend with the race of the Titans as they try to re-settle the planet Ragnarok.

I'd love to hear feedback and discussion from YOU about the characters in June. I'd love to discuss the story with you!

1 comment: