Friday, August 16, 2013

Silent Bob



My fifth Music of the Soul book is published!

On August 15, 2013 my eBook, Silent Bob, was added at Amazon.com! Print on demand paperbacks are live too! Just like with Karaoke Queen, copies were selling the moment it went live!

Keeping with my own lame tradition, I'll start by saying a couple things about this book before I share the overview of the story with you. As with the rest of the Music of the Soul books, the two main characters in this action packed romance are women, you can find it in the "Lesbian Romance" and "General Romance" categories on Amazon.com.

This book is the fifth book to take place in the same world as Music of the Soul, A Deafening Whisper, Dating Game and Karaoke Queen and there is a flood of crossovers of events, locations and people (Kimi Soloman Roth has a huge part in this book). But it is a stand alone novel. You don't have to have read any of the Music of the Soul series books for this story to stand on its own. All the books in the series can be read in any order. This book demonstrates that lies of omission can still have devastating effects on people and there are no miracle cures. Acceptance and self doubt and realization play an enormous role in the story. We finally get to meet the mysterious Silent Bob that has played a background role in most of the Music of the Soul books!

---

In Silent Bob, the book is narrated by the main character, Roberta Valentine. Bobbie has grown tired of her love them and leave them, party girl life. Moving into her thirties she feels empty and a desire to find a real, serious and lasting relationship only to be met by disappointment after disappointment.

In a chance meeting in a blizzard with her main competitor in the outdoor gear business, Blake, Bobbie finds herself continually frustrated with the vexing woman. They find they are both dating the same man. Blake slowly works her way into Roberta's heart. But the problem is, Blake is straight and harbors many prejudices about lesbians and sexuality.

Roberta hides the fact that she is the "Silent Bob" that Blake is so infuriated with. This causes a rift when the truth finally comes out. Then tragedy strikes!

---

As always, I wanted to send a message, that normal is in the eye of the beholder, our scars make us beautiful, we only need to stop to look to see it... and things are not always as they seem.

I wrote this over a week or two but held it back to keep my monthly publishing schedule. I couldn't wait so I published it 18 hours early. I am nervous and excited and anxious to hear the reactions from my readers. As always, it may not be as polished or professional as most, but that's just my writing style. I believe this was a story worth sharing.

Mirroring the four previous books, I am floored at how quickly sales are building. I'm looking forward to writing more books in this series, to share stories of strong women accomplishing amazing things.

I want my readers to know that I love them and appreciate any feedback, positive or negative. I also accept peanut-butter cookies.

The next book in the series, Five Feet or Less is already completed and in the editing phase. Look for a September release!

There is a sneak peek chapter of the second book in my Valkyrie Chronicles series at the end of the book. Bloodlines. We get to see more of Kara, Kate, Arina and the rest as they defend Earth and Valhalla against the raging hordes of the Ragnarok!

I'd love to hear feedback and discussion from YOU about the characters in Silent Bob. I'd love to discuss the story with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment